Thursday, February 17, 2011

Look What the Cat Dragged In... (thanks Steven)

My trip to Mesa last weekend was soo much fun! I am in no way a city girl, but a trip to the city every once in a blue moon for a weekend with the girl's is something I highly recommend. I was joined by my sisters-in-law...3 of them, Kristin & Kristi who are bravely married to my little brothers & Julie who's little brother I bravely married. I could spend alot of time with these girls...they are great!

We spent a day walking around downtown Mesa browsing & shopping & eating "Sweet Treats"...really, that's where we had lunch...Sweet Treats Cafe...Yummm! Great sugar cookies!

We attended the "Sweet Event" at Domestic Bliss & found "Found", a fun store that is a part of Domestic Bliss where I picked this up...It's now hanging in my kitchen. There were vendors with booths set up all over downtown Mesa. Imagine mine & Julie's surprise when we happened upon this photo (it was a better image, of course, than this) in a photographers booth, fully framed with a price tag of $400.00! I know...what the heck! I wish I would've known....Julie & I walk past this every morning....we should be packin' a camera. Of course we had to stop & visit with him & let him know that we live about a mile from this lovely structure...I know, I know, it is route 66 history but $400.00!?!

I also met a fellow jewelry maker,
Jaime Lee, you can find her here. She was fun to visit with... I bought this from her...I LOVE IT! Super Bling!

We browsed an antique store where I picked up a handful of vintage buttons (of course) & these fun treasures.
Sadly, it all had to come to an end...someone needs to take care of the children, so I came home. We made a little stop halfway home where I picked this up....what better way to end a girl's weekend than by listening to Kieth Urban? I love his music & I recommend his latest album...good tunes to sing along to:)

1 comment: